Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2017
- 10 wins by KO
- Seven first-round finishes
- Defeated UFC vet Blood Diamond in 2019 kickboxing match
- Origin of nickname: “I had different nicknames before. Shara is a short version of my name. Friends and relatives called me Shara Pulya (bullet in Russian) for a long time. When I was creating an Instagram account, I already knew some English and learned that "Pulya" is Bullet in English, so I wrote it, and people started calling me that since.”
UFC 294 (10/21/23) Magomedov won a three round unanimous decision over Bruno Silva
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started boxing at the age of 12 in order to stand my ground on the street. In Dagestan as a kid, I often had to fight, and my opponents could be gym-trained boys against whom you needed combat training. Just your natural abilities were not enough to resist them, and losing to someone was not my credo, so I went to the boxing gym.
What ranks and titles have you held? Master of Sports in Thai boxing and kickboxing, International Master of Sports in Burmese boxing, Master of Sport Candidate in combat sambo
Do you have any heroes? Pirate Hayreddin Barbarossa, Salahuddin Al Ayyubi and Imam Shamil.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It is a fulfillment of my dream and desire to become a champion.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? Bachelor, specialty Business Analyst
What was your job before you started fighting? Student
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? Winner of the International Boxing Tournament, International Muay Thai Tournament, All-Russian Muay Thai Competition, All-Russian Kickboxing Competition
Specific accomplishments in pro competition? Champion of Eurasia in Burmese boxing, champion of the “Nashe Delo” organization, champion of the global MMA organization, champion of the TFC (Thailand fighting championship) organization, champion of the Bangla boxing stadium, champion of the Patong boxing stadium, winner of various international tournaments in China in MMA and K1, champion of Russia in Thai boxing among professionals.
Favorite grappling technique: Suplex
Favorite Striking technique: Backfist