Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2010
- Seven wins by KO, one by submission (RNC)
- Has won five of his last 10
- Three first-round finishes
- Has faced Donavon Frelow (W), Charlie Alaniz (W) and Ashkan Mokhtarian (L)
- Origin of nickname: “I’m half Australian half Turkish. But at my third fight, the MC asked for a fight name and I said I didn’t have one. Unknowingly, when they called me out, my coach had told them my fight name was “The Turkish Delight,” and we haven’t changed it since.” (Laughs)
UFC Fight Night (12/9/23) Ross was stopped by HyunSung Park via strikes at 3:59 of the second round
UFC 290 (7/8/23) Ross was knocked out by Jesus Aguilar at :17 of the first round
UFC 284 (2/11/23) Ross was stopped by Kleydson Rodrigues via strikes at :59 of the first round
Dana White's Contender Series, Season 6
Episode two (8/2/22) Ross was stopped by Vinicius Salvador via punches at 4:22 of the second round
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started training in 2010 when I stopped playing football to stay active and fit. I didn’t start training to fight, but my first coach told me he booked me a fight and if I didn’t take it I had to leave the gym…next thing I’m fighting and never looking back.
What ranks and titles have you held? I’ve held two Australian flyweight titles, one for Eternal MMA and one for Nitro MMA.I have a purple belt in BJJ
What would it mean for you to fight in the UFC? To fight in the UFC would be a dream come true, a goal I have strived to achieve for the last 10 years - the blood, the tears, all the hurdles and setbacks overcome with persistence and dedication and a will to never give up
It would mean everything to me to win a contract to fight in the UFC.
What was your job before you started fighting? I am a full-time mechanic, and I still currently work 40 hours a week on top of training camps to fight.
Specific accomplishments in pro competition? I have won two Australian MMA titles, I have headlined all major shows in Australia, been the number 1 flyweight for four years, fought internationally on UAE Warriors, I have beat opponents from DWTCS and TUF
Favorite grappling technique: Ground-and-pound
Favorite Striking technique: Flying knee