Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2009
- Has won 12 of his last 14 and five of his last six
- Nine first round finishes
- Four wins by KO, six by submission (3 guillotine, armbar, RNC, ninja choke)
- Lone pre-UFC loss in 2014 was via decision to UFC vet Magomed Bibulatov
UFC 294 (10/21/23) Nurmagomedov submitted Muin Gafurov via guillotine choke at 1:13 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (3/11/23) Nurmagomedov lost a three round unanimous decision to Jonathan Martinez
UFC Fight Night (12/17/22) Nurmagomedov submitted Saidyokub Kakhramonov via ninja choke at 3:50 of the second round
UFC on ESPN (7/9/22) Nurmagomedov won a three round unanimous decision over Douglas Silva de Andrade
UFC 270 (1/22/22) Nurmagomedov submitted Cody Stamann via guillotine choke at :47 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (10/18/20) Nurmagomedov knocked out Mark Striegl at :51 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (12/21/19) Nurmagomedov lost a three-round unanimous decision to Raoni Barcelos
UFC Fight Night (2/2/19) Nurmagomedov stopped Ricardo Ramos via strikes at 2:28 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (7/14/18) Nurmagomedov won a three round split decision over Justin Scoggins
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started training when I was a kid to be able to protect myself from bullies.
What ranks and titles have you held? World, Russian and European amateur MMA champion
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It’s the top of the game and I wanna be the best in the world.
What was your job before you started fighting? I’ve been a professional athlete all my life.
Specific accomplishments in pro competition? WFCA featherweight champion
Ranks in any martial arts styles: International Master of Sport in amateur MMA
Favorite grappling technique: RNC
Favorite Striking technique: Flying knee