Stats & Records
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2010
- Ten wins by submission (10 RNC), seven by decision
- Four first round finishes
- Has won 12 of his last 17 and three of his last four
- 4-2 UFC record at lightweight
- Origin of nickname “Moicano” – “It’s from a haircut used during my childhood.”
UFC 281 (11/12/22) Moicano submitted Brad Riddell via rear-naked choke at 3:20 of the first round
UFC 272 (3/5/22) Moicano lost a five-round unanimous decision to Rafael Dos Anjos
UFC 271 (2/12/22) Moicano submitted Alexander Hernandez via rear naked choke at 1:23 of the second round
UFC Fight Night (6/26/21) Moicano submitted Jai Herbert via rear naked choke at 4:36 of the second round
UFC 256 (12/12/20) Moicano was knocked out by Rafael Fiziev at 4:05 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (3/14/20) Moicano submitted Damir Hadzovic via rear naked choke at :44 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (6/22/19) Moicano was stopped by Chan Sung Jung via strikes at :58 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (2/2/19) Moicano was stopped by Jose Aldo via strikes at :44 of the second round
UFC 227 (8/4/18) Moicano submitted Cub Swanson via rear naked choke at 4:15 of the first round
UFC 223 (4/7/18) Moicano won a three round unanimous decision over Calvin Kattar
UFC 214 (7/29/17) Moicano was submitted by Brian Ortega via guillotine choke at 3:29 of the third round
UFC on FOX (4/15/17) Moicano won a three round split decision over Jeremy Stephens
UFC 198 (5/14/16) Moicano won a three round split decision over Zubaira Tukhugov
UFC Fight Night (12/20/14) Moicano submitted Tom Niinimaki via rear naked choke at 3:30 of the second round
When and why did you start training for fighting? I’ve been practicing martial arts since I was a little kid.
What ranks and titles have you held? I’m the interim champion of Jungle Fight.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It`s a great chance in my professional career.
What was your job before you started fighting? I’ve been fighting all my life, but I also teach MMA and Muay Thai.
Favorite grappling technique: Chokes
Favorite Striking technique: Punches