Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2019
- Lost pro debut, 8-3 since
- Two wins by KO, six by submission (5 RNC, guillotine)
- Five first-round finishes
- Last pre-UFC win was first-round TKO over DWCS vet Jhonoven Pati on November 14, 2021
- Origin of nickname: “My nickname comes from an idea thought up by me and some of my closest friends when I was in college. We would always show love by talking smack about one another, and calling your best friend “Ugly” was something that would happen often.”
UFC 288 (5/6/23) Holmes was stopped by Claudio Ribeiro via strikes at 3:21 of the second round
UFC Fight Night (10/29/22) Holmes was submitted by Junyong Park via rear naked choke at 3:04 of the second round
UFC Fight Night (5/21/22) Holmes submitted Alen Amedovski via rear naked choke at 1:04 of the first round
UFC on ESPN (1/15/22) Holmes lost a three round unanimous decision to Jamie Pickett
Dana White's Contender Series, Season 5
Episode six (10/5/21) Holmes submitted Shonte Barnes via rear naked choke at 2:46 of the second round
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started training in 2014 because I just got back home from college football and needed an outlet for all my energy.
What ranks and titles have you held? I held the AKA (American Kombat Alliance) amateur welterweight title, BJJ brown belt
What would it mean for you to fight in the UFC? Fighting in the UFC is what I was meant to do. This is me proving to myself I can literally put my mind to something and succeed in it no matter what it takes. I gave up everything to start training and fight, and I’ve put my all into it. So to be at this level is something I knew would come but still surprises me, and I’m excited to show what I got.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? Yes, but no degree; I did not finish school
Specific accomplishments in pro competition? SFS MMA Team Captain
Favorite grappling technique: Rear naked choke
Favorite striking technique: Jab