Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Eight wins by KO, six by submission (3 Arm triangle, 3 RNC)
- Has won 16 of his last 20 and four of his last five
- Pro since 2012
- Seven first round finishes
- Has 7-4 record since DWCS appearance
- Owns TKO win over UFC vet Chris Beal in May 2017
UFC 295 (11/11/23) Castaneda won a three round unanimous decision over Kyung Ho Kang
UFC on ESPN (6/3/23) Castaneda won a three round unanimous decision over Muin Gafurov
UFC Fight Night (10/1/22) Castaneda was knocked out by Daniel Santos at 4:28 of the second round
UFC Fight Night (2/5/22) Castaneda submitted Miles Johns via arm triangle choke at 1:38 of the third round
UFC Fight Night (2/20/21) Castaneda stopped Eddie Wineland via strikes at 4:44 of the first round
UFC on ESPN (7/25/20) Castaneda lost a three round unanimous decision to Nathaniel Wood
Dana White's Contender Series
Episode 4 (8/1/17) Castaneda won a three round unanimous decision over Cheyden Leialoha
When and why did you start training for fighting? I wrestled D2 my freshman year of college and then got introduced to the MMA program where my college was. I opted out of wrestling to pursue MMA. I have been training MMA for 10 years and Wrestling for 16.
What ranks and titles have you held? Combate Americas bantamweight champion and Driller Promotions lightweight champion.
Do you have any heroes? My mom, who raised and put me and my younger sister through college on her own. She is my only hero.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It's a dream come true. It's everything I've worked for and will continue to prove I deserve.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? Minnesota State University, Mankato, where I double majored in Criminal Law and Spanish and received a minor in social work as well.
What was your job before you started fighting? Full-time student.
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? 15-1 record.
Favorite Striking technique: Flying knee