Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2012
- Five wins by KO, four by submission (4 RNC)
- Has won nine of his last 11
- Five first-round finishes
- Owns 2018 win over UFC vet Jon Manley
UFC on ESPN (8/5/23) Wells was submitted by Carlston Harris via anaconda choke at 1:50 of the third round
UFC Fight Night (4/22/23) Wells won a three round split decision over Matthew Semelsberger
UFC on ESPN (6/18/22) Wells knocked out Court McGee at 1:34 of the first round
UFC 271 (2/12/22) Wells submitted Blood Diamond via rear naked choke at 4:38 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (6/26/21) Wells knocked out Warlley Alves at :30 of the second round
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started in 2011. People doubted me about fighting when I said I could, so I wanted to prove them wrong. I ended up falling in love with the sport.
What ranks and titles have you held? I’m ranked #1 in PA, I’m the champion of CES and CFFC in the welterweight division.
What does it mean for you fight in the UFC? My ultimate goal was to be in UFC and I was waiting for a long time for the opportunity.
What was your job before you started fighting? Construction worker
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition: 7-1, and I won two amateur belts
Ranks in any martial arts styles: Black belt in BJJ
Favorite grappling technique: Rear naked choke
Favorite Striking technique: Overhand