Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2015
- Started career 1-2; is 6-4 since
- Three wins by KO; four by submission (Kimura, Americana, 2 RNC)
- All seven wins by first-round finish
- Last pre-UFC win was 45-second knockout of Cory Moon on February 27, 2021
- Lost 2016 bout to UFC vet Don’Tale Mayes
- Origin of nickname: “My son’s great uncle gave me the nickname.”
UFC 278 (8/20/22) Hunsucker was stopped by Tyson Pedro via strikes at 1:05 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (12/18/21) Hunsucker was knocked out by Justin Tafa at 1:53 of the first round
UFC on ESPN (3/20/21) Hunsucker was stopped by Tai Tuivasa via strikes at :49 of the first round
Episode eight (11/4/20) Hunsucker was stopped by Jared Vanderaa via strikes at 3:34 of the first round
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started training in 2008. I had my first amateur fight in June 2008. I had some friends doing it and I fell in love with martial arts.
What ranks and titles have you held? KY Fighting Challenge HW champion (amateur), Bluegrass Brawl HW champion (amateur) HRMMA HW champion (amateur), HRMMA Pro HW champion
Do you have any heroes? My heroes are my children. They give me strength I never thought I had, and they inspire me daily.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It means that I reached a huge dream and that I proved to myself I can do anything. Life has been tough for me and I promised myself I would overcome the challenges and provide my children and wife with the life they deserve.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? I have a bachelor's degree from Eastern Kentucky University
What was your job before you started fighting? I am a martial arts instructor presently. Before I started fighting, I was a cook at Derby City Truck Stop.
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? I was in the 2013 Amateur Fight of the Year and a three-time amateur champion
If any, list ranks in any martial arts styles: 3rd Degree Black Belt TKD, 2nd Degree Black Belt Krav Maga, Brown Belt BJJ
Favorite grappling technique: Americana
Favorite Striking technique: Jab