Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
Wins by Decision
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2009
- Has won five of his last eight (5-2, 1 NC)
- Two wins by KO, four by submission (RNC, 3 armbar)
- Four first round finishes
- Origin of nickname: “An author and widely recognized prophet, Luke Holter, called me this while praying for me.”
UFC Fight Night (8/21/21) Pilarte lost a three-round unanimous decision to Brian Kelleher
UFC 247 (2/8/20) Pilarte’s loss to Journey Newson was overturned to a no contest when Newson failed a post-fight drug test
UFC on ESPN (7/20/19) Pilarte lost a three round split decision to Felipe Colares
Dana White's Contender Series, Season 2
Episode five (7/17/18) Pilarte submitted Vince Morales via rear naked choke at 1:52 of the second round
TRAINING: Two sessions daily, two hours each - striking and then BJJ / wrestling
When and why did you start training for fighting? I was 12 years old. I grew up watching boxing.
What titles have you held? BJJ tourney titles
Do you have any heroes? Jesus Christ
What would it mean for you to fight in the UFC? Everything I have ever worked for; my life’s work.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? Yes, a degree in General Business.
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? Local, state and national BJJ medals.
Ranks in any martial arts styles: BJJ purple belt
Favorite grappling technique: Armbar
Favorite Striking technique: Any punch that lands.