Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2012
- Seven wins by KO, six by submission (2 Triangle, RNC, armbar, arm triangle, undisclosed submission)
- Has won 10 of his last 12
- Nine first-round finishes
- Fought UFC vet Manel Kape in 2014
UFC Fight Night (7/22/23) Barez was submitted by Jafel Filho via arm triangle at 3:26 of the first round
Dana White's Contender Series, Season 5
Episode six (10/5/21) Barez lost a three round split decision to Carlos Hernandez
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started kickboxing at 13 years old; I just wanted to be champion of all Valencia.
What titles have you held? Two-time BAMMA World Flyweight Champion, Mix Fight Events Flyweight Champion, two-time NAGA Champion, third at United World Wrestling European No Gi Tournament, Spanish Combat Sambo Champion.
Do you have any heroes? My heroes are my parents, notably my mother, who was tasked with caring for us alone after my father’s passing.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It's my dream and my goal as a person. It's been a long time coming; I've paid my dues and have invested countless hours in my passion, and I will accomplish it.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? Yes, I achieved Higher Vocational Training in University in Spain.
What was your job before you started fighting? I worked as a cook and at a sporting goods store.
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? I have a record of 16-1 in MMA, I'm a two-time Spanish Champion. I'm a multiple-time regional Kickboxing champion and ranked third in Spain.
Favorite grappling technique: Double-leg takedown
Favorite Striking Technique: Left hook to the body (the liver)