Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2017
- Eleven wins by KO, one by submission (RNC)
- Scored November 2021 TKO of UFC vet Juan Adams
- Nine first-round finishes
- Five wins in 1:39 or less
- Had reported 5-0 amateur record with five KOs
- Drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars in Round Five of the 2010 NFL Draft
- Played for Jacksonville, Kansas City, Detroit and Chicago during a four-year NFL career as a defensive end
- Had 66 career tackles, three sacks and one forced fumble in the NFL
- College accolades: AP third-team All-America honors (2008), AP first-team All-America honors (2009), OVC Defensive Player of the Year (2009), 2× First-team All-OVC honors (2008, 2009)
UFC 293 (9/9/23) Lane was stopped by Justin Tafa via strikes at 1:22 of the first round
UFC on ABC (6/24/23) Lane’s bout with Justin Tafa was ruled a no contest at :29 of the first round due to an accidental eye poke rendered Tafa unable to continue
Dana White's Contender Series, Season 6
Episode nine (9/20/22) Lane stopped Richard Jacobi via strikes at 4:34 of the first round
Dana White's Contender Series, Season 2
Episode one (6/12/18) Lane was stopped by Greg Hardy via strikes at :57 of round one
When and why did you start training for fighting? 2012 - to improve skills for football.
What ranks and titles have you held? Combat night amateur and pro titles, Warfare MMA South Carolina heavyweight title, Fury FC
Do you have any heroes? My family
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? Justifies the hard work and sacrifice / the next level of goal achieving.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? Murray State – Bachelor’s in Journalism / Mass Communication
What was your job before you started fighting? NFL player
Ranks in any martial arts styles: Blue belt in BJJ
Favorite grappling technique: Head and arm choke
Favorite Striking technique: Jab