Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
Wins by Decision
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2009
- Eight wins by submission (3 RNC, Brabo, arm triangle, triangle, armbar, undisclosed choke), five by KO
- Has won three of his last four
- Owns 2013 win over UFC vet Ryan Benoit
- Nine first round finishes
- Origin of nickname: The origin of my nickname “El Toro” came from my fiancée (now wife) Mercedes, who was watching me spar one day and noticed that I was like a bull, just constantly coming forward with a relentless attack. She said I'm stubborn and Bullheaded and it just stuck as Tony Toro basically.”
UFC Fight Night (4/17/21) Birchak was knocked out by Tony Gravely via strikes at 1:31 of the second round
UFC on ESPN (11/7/20) Birchak was submitted by Gustavo Lopez via rear naked choke at 2:43 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (7/7/16) Birchak won a three round split decision over Dileno Lopes
UFC Fight Night (11/7/15) Birchak was knocked out by Thomas Almeida at 4:22 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (6/6/15) Birchak knocked out Joe Soto at 1:37 of the first round
UFC on FOX (12/13/14) Birchak was submitted by Ian Entwistle via heel hook at 1:04 of the first round
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started training after college without many opportunities other than the Olympics. I saw how good former teammates Efrain Escudero, Jaime Varner, and Danny Martinez were doing in MMA and I decided to make the transition to MMA in late 2008.
What ranks and titles have you held? Rage in the Cage BW champion, BJJ world silver medalist, Inaugural MFC bantamweight champion, 4x Greco-Roman AZ state Champion, 3x AZ high school state medalist, 2003 AZ state runner up, AAU All-American 2006.
Do you have any heroes? Mom
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It's the culmination of every drop of blood, sweat, and tears. The sacrifices and struggles that my family and I have made are finally paying off.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? I did go to college at the Junior College (Pima Community College) and NCAA Div II (Grand Canyon University) levels, where I studied in Visual Communications with emphasis in graphic design and marketing advertising. I did not earn a degree, but I learned I was way better at beating people up than being a student.
What was your job before you started fighting? I've worked for my Uncle’s roofing company for years; I also worked at a sporting goods store, and tended bar, all at the same time for about three years.
Specific accomplishments in pro competition? I was in Sports Illustrated December 22, 2013 for Most Victorious Picture of the Year. Also have won multiple Fight of the Night awards.
Ranks in any martial arts styles: Black belt in BJJ and I also say I definitely have my black belt in Wrestling.
Favorite grappling technique: D'arce choke or Anaconda Choke