Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2015
- Four wins by KO, six by submission (4 armbar, 1 flying armbar, RNC)
- Eight first-round finishes, five in 1:09 or less
- Last pre-UFC win was 12-second KO over Carlos Gomez in October 2022
- Has won eight of his last nine
UFC on ESPN (6/17/23) Costa stopped Jimmy Flick via strikes at 1:03 of the second round
UFC Fight Night (12/17/22) Costa was knocked out by Amir Albazi at 2:13 of the third round
Dana White's Contender Series, Season 6
Episode one (7/26/22) Costa won a three round split decision over Juan Andres Luna
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started training capoeira at eight years old and BJJ at 14 in 2010 in Manaus. I was a child with bad steps in life and BJJ took me out of the bad life and thanks to that, my life changed completely. I started to compete in many tournaments, and I started to stand out in my city. When I was 19 years old, I migrated to Mexico in search of a better life through martial arts and that was when I started fighting MMA and it is the country where I live to this day.
What ranks and titles have you held? I have several BJJ tiles in Brazil and Mexico. I am the 125-pound champion of LUX Fight League in Mexico.
Do you have any heroes? Sidney Viana, who was the one who believed in me at the beginning and who also helped me a lot when I started all this.
What would it mean for you to fight in the UFC? Fighting for the UFC would be a dream come true. It would be an honor to compete among the best and represent Brazil and Mexico at the highest level of competition. It’s all I think about.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? Instead of college, I moved to Mexico to pursue martial arts.
What was your job before you started fighting? Many odd jobs; I’ve been working since I was very young.
Ranks in any martial arts styles: BJJ black belt
Favorite grappling technique: Armbar
Favorite Striking technique: Hook to the liver