Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2009
- Seven wins by KO, one by submission (RNC)
- Seven first round finishes
- 9-1-1 in his last 11
- Has won five of his last seven
- Owns 2014 win (34-second KO) over UFC vet Jack Marshman
UFC 294 (10/21/23) Azaitar lost a three round unanimous decision to Sedriques Dumas
UFC 260 (3/27/21) Azaitar was stopped by Marc-Andre Barriault via strikes at 4:56 of the third round
UFC Fight Night (7/22/18) Azaitar won a three round unanimous decision over Vitor Miranda
When and why did you start training for fighting? It was 2010 when I started with MMA. My father was the reason for me to start with combat sports; he always motivated me to do sports.
What ranks and titles have you held? MMA Kombat Complete – Champion, Fight of the year 2012, Martial Artist of the year 2013, MMA Fighter of the year 2013 and 2014, Knockout of the year 2014, MMA Fighter of the year 2015
Do you have any heroes? Marvel’s The Avengers
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It has always been my dream to fight in the top league with the best MMA athletes. Now, thanks to God, this dream has come true.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? I’ve got the university-entrance diploma (Abitur).
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? Full Muay Thai NRW Champion, Full Muay Thai Germany Champion
Specific accomplishments in pro competition? Belgian K-1 Champion, K-1 Germany Champion, European K-1 Champion
Favorite grappling technique: Heel hook, Ground-and-Pound
Favorite Striking technique: Head hook - left and right